Two problems

George H Griffin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 8 10:37:01 2004

Hello:

I asked about these two questions on the newbie list earlier & didn't
get any replies
so I'll try here.  I running YD 3.0.1 on a 600 mhz iBook with 128 meg of
RAM.

First, I cannot change the firewall settings.  I go into the security
menu, make changes
(either customizing the rules, or trying to stop it completely for
testing purposes)
but the changes aren't saved.  I go back into the menu and it's set at
"high" again.
I've even logged in as root instead of SU-ing via the security menu but
nothing is saved.
It's frustrating because I think the firewall is interfering with ntp
working.

Second, whenever I try to use Konquerer in superuser mode the browser
opens momentarily
and then closes.  I tried starting it from a consol window and get the
following messages:

mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE,
overriding /tmp/mcop-ggriffin is not owned by user
[root@blackie]# Mutex destroy failure:  Device or resource busy

I don't get the concol prompt back until I control-c.  I have changed
the /tmp/mcop-ggriffin
directory from the group ggriffin to users to match the way it is in my
SuSE/x86 installation
where everything is working fine but this hasn't helped.  Any
suggestions will be welcome
as it's a pain not to be able to browse files with root priviledges so I
can make changes
when needed.

Thanks, George

--
George H. Griffin     Powered by SuSE Linux 9.0, kernel 2.4.21

"Always believe your observations, not your theories
(no matter how near they may be to your heart) if the
two are in conflict!"			John Gribbin