YDL 3, kernel 2.6 & glibc

Kevin Roettger yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 8 17:18:01 2004

Hello,

I compiled a 2.6 kernel a few hours ago, and it works not so bad (once
I found out the modutils thing). My question is about the "userland"
and more specifically glibc.
Well, after upgrading the kernel, I realized glibc is a bit out-dated
for my specific needs, so I would like to upgrade it to something like
2.2 or 2.3, but neither yum nor apt-get provide it.
So to make it short, it there a more or less safe way to upgrade it
(wihout breaking all dependencies and all that stuff) ? Just compiling
it myself and/or installing a rpm looks a bit risky to me.

Many thanks for any answer :)

Kevin