Installer fails at partitioning

Christopher Brown yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 14 15:36:01 2004

This is a list of hardware I have tried to Install YDL on:

PowerBook 15" Aluminum 1Ghz (most important)
iMac (5 flavor) 333MHz
G4 tower MDD Dual 1.42GHz

Recently I purchased YDL 3.0.1 Geek Edition cd set. After booting from
the cd I am sent into text mode after the installer can't use graphical
mode. Once in the text installer I make it past keyboard selection,
mouse/no mouse selection, and type of install. Once I reach the
partitioning portion of the install, no matter what method i use(auto,
pdisk, diskdruid) I get this message (I'm retyping this by hand as
there is no 'floppy' installed to write this message to):

beginning or error mesg
--------------------------------------
An unhandled exception has occured. This
is most likely a bug. Please copy the full
text of this exception or save the crash
dump to a floppy then file a detailed bug
report against anaconda at
http://bugs.terrasoftsolutions.com/

Traceback (most recent call last):
	File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 701, in ?
		intf.run(id, dispatch, configFileData)
	File "/usr/bin/anaconda/text.py", line
451, in run
		dispatch.gotoNext()
	File "usr/bin/anaconda/dispatch.py",
line 150, in gotoNext
		self.moveStep
	File "usr/bin/anaconda/dispatch.py",
line 215, in moveStep
		rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
	File "/usr/bin/anaconda/partitioning.py:,
line 57, in partitionObjectsInitialize
		partitions.setFromDisk(disket)
	File "/usr/bin/anaconda/partitions.py",
line 114, in setFromDisc
		ptype =
fsset.fileSystemTypeGet(partedUtils.map_for
eign_to_fsname(part.mac_native_type))
	File "/usr/bin/anaconda/fsset.py", line
61, in fileSystemTypeGet
		return fileSystemTypes[key]
KeyError: Apple HFS

--------------------------------------
end of error

Some things to note:
1. This is the biggest consideration. All of these machines have
Panther installed or were booted from the Panther disc at one time or
another(iMac was booted but couldn't install due to lack of ram).
2. I previously bought YDL 3.0 and the same thing happened with those
discs as well with any machine with Panther on it. (Previous to Panther
I was able to boot and install to a 500MHz iBook[Never had Panther on
it]).
3. Panther does not recognize the YDL cd as bootable[system preference,
startup disc], but it does boot if holding the "c" key down during
boot.

Christopher