YDL on Powerbook 15"

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jan 18 09:39:01 2004

Justin,    There is much I can't help with; but with regards to the
questions below: Have you tried entering single user mode in order to
get you into your YDL install & able to make needed changes? If so, good
luck with other approaches. If not:

(1) Insert your 1st YDL install disk in the CD-ROM tray. Reboot from the CD.
(2) At the first prompt you get, type
linux  single <enter>  [Note space betw linux & single.]
(3) This will boot you into your YDL system, but in "single user" mode:
You will be in a shell, though not the bash shell you may be more
familiar with. You will not need to log in as root, but >>you will have
power of root<< so be careful! You will be able to cd to directories in
the filesystem where you need to work. You will be able to cat in order
to read config files. And you will have access to any text editor you
installed when you did your initial YDL install. (I installed my
preferred emacs, so that would be available to me. But pico should
certainly have been installed by default.)

Let us know how this works & post again if you have quesitons.  Good
luck.    --Harvey