Powerbook G4 17" and YDL fixed!

Tim ODriscoll yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 21 03:57:01 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Devaney Michael wrote:
> PS I wasnt joking about the sound.  Do I need to do anything special to get
> the sound working? :D  My modprobe gives me errors 'QM_MODULES: Function not
> implemented' :(

I recently fixed that error by upgrading to the latest modutils package. I
downloaded it from here:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/module-init-tools-3.0-pre7.tar.bz2

Be carefull to read the included README file though, as it needs you to
run 'make moveold' to backup your original modutils first.

This was on an x86 box I was upgrading from 2.4.20 to 2.6.1. The module
stuff worked great after the upgrade.

I also rebooted into my 2.4.20 kernel to see if the new modutils were
backwards compatible. They were. Booting into both kernels works OK now.

Glad to hear the PowerBook install is working, I'm after one of the 15"
models :) ....

As an aside, the iBooks say they come with a bluetooth aerial, but
the PowerBooks give the impression that they come with bluetooth ready to
go. Have I read that right? I don't actually want bluetooth, I just wanted
to know if I had to find a way to turn it off or not. I don't trust
high MHz or GHz transmitters.

Cheers,

Tim