newbie needs help with install cd and 12" power book please

paul skrmetta yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jan 21 23:53:01 2004

Hi

like i stated in the email title i am a newbie to
lunix and sadly Macs. but heres where i am stuck.  i
have repartioned my hard drive using the jaguar 10.2
disk that came with my machine.  i have left 10 GB's
as free and the remaining space as 0S X extended like
the install help document suggested.

My issue is that i have not been able to get the ISO
of YDL 3.0 to boot.  i have held down the C key
numerous times and only reboot to OS X.

I think my mac is a new world although i dont
understand what that is.  the mac is new i bought it
less than a year ago (1-21-04)  and am still paying it
off.

i have had some experiance in dual booting my windows
laptop and desktops.  and have had some wierd issues
as well.

but i can not even get started with my mac

Please what did i do wrong?

i downloaded the ISO's and put them on 3 CD's

the only thing i found strange and this might be a
clue is that the iso on my windows hard drive under
the properties tab shows that this download wants to
open with eassy cd creator.  (roxio 5 limited version)

does this have somthing to do with my problem booting
to the install YDL disk?

please help

thanks

Paul