(no subject)

green8 yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 23 14:02:21 2004

hello, i'm learning bash scripting, but i can't do anything, don't have constant net access, don't know any good books, i want only write very simple script and i wonder i somebody could help me: i want to display all the files in folder /etc that i can read, i mean i want to display their names and two numbers next to each of them: their number of lines, and number of lines that NOT start with "#". PLEASE tell me how to do it just this one time, i won't manage it by myself, thanks, Barti, Poland