Windows Managers

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 23 14:20:03 2004

--- Ben Ricker <bricker@brick.net> wrote:
> Norberto Quintanar wrote:
>
> >What Desktop environments/ Windows Managers are being used out
> there
> >OTHER than KDE/Gnome and TWM?  I like Gnome, but it's a system
> hog, I
> >use IceWM on my x86 box it's pretty fast.  I've been looking at
> ROX,
> >I'd have to download from source, but looks pretty good.  Any
> recommendations?
> >

> I would also suggest Windowmaker. Nice multiple desktop interface
> and
> very extensible menu system. Plus nice themes.
>
> Ben Ricker

Thanks to everyone who repiled on and off list.  I decided to go to
with Fluxbox.  They had what appears to be great documentation that I
was able to print out and have on hand while I compile this sucker.
Plus, they won the linuxusers window manager of the year award.  WOW!
 Accolades!!!

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116368