compiling gabber-0.8.8 problem -no gtkmm-config file!

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jan 25 21:59:01 2004

Im want to compile <gabber-0.8.8.tar.gz> on YDL301 2.4.22-2a and it keep
showing me this:

--snipped--
checking for gtkmm-config... no
checking for GTK-- - version >= 1.2.5... no
*** The gtkmm-config script installed by GTK-- could not be found
*** If GTK-- was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTKMM_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtkmm-config.
*** The gtkmm-config script was not available in GTK-- versions
*** prior to 0.9.12. Perhaps you need to update your installed
*** version to 0.9.12 or later
configure: error: Cannot find gtkmm 1.2.5 or greater.
[andrew@virgule gabber-0.8.8]$

Even after I installed gktmm-2.0 the so-wanted file is missing
(gtkmm-config)
So I started fooling around: gabber home page...forums, google and all
the usual steps to do before posting here but not much results so far.
Im really stuck here.

 I know about Gaim. I can't get SSL support for MSN thats why Im trying
another program. here again its another LB_LIBRARY_PATH, PREFIX or $PATH
thingy that I just don't understand...