Installing additional packages?

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jan 26 13:16:00 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 11:57:54AM -0800, Liam Strand wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have installed Yellow Dog (3.0.1?) on a G3 300mhz ibook and am very
> pleased.
>
> However, during the installation I must have missed something... I
> didn't install GCC.  I'd like to now be able to use the 3 installation
> CD's to install gcc and its dependant packages... I'm hoping there's
> some sort of gui or console based app to make this easy?  Pretty please?
> :)
>
> Thanks!
> Liam

Liam,

Try Gnome-RPM.

Starting Gnome-RPM

To start Gnome-RPM, use one of the following methods:

    * On the GNOME desktop, go to Main Menu Button (on the panel) => Programs => System => GnoRPM
    * On the KDE desktop, go to Main Menu Button (on the panel) => System => GnoRPM
    * Type gnorpm at a shell prompt.

For more details:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/ch-gnorpm.html

--