Upgrading Yellow Dog

Rob Admin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 29 07:13:13 2004

Hi, I have an old installation of YDL 2.0 on a PowerBook 2400. I am
interested in upgrading it to 2.3 or 3.0. The problem is that I don't
have a CD-ROM or more than 1.2G of temporary space to install the
system, and 2G for the final system area. I'm not sure that it is even
possible to install 3.0, since I can't fit the 3 ISO's anywhere. Also,
it was painful at the time to get the PCMCIA Ethernet card working, and
I'm not sure if it will work before the actual
installation/configuration if there is an ftp option.

Should I try to install 3.0 or just 2.3? And if 2.3, is there an easy
way to do the upgrade? I'm primarily using it as a server, so X and
other client software is a frill. though it would be nice. The system
only has 80M of memory.

Thanks,

-Rob