Installing on old Powerbook G3

Ed Leafe yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 29 12:59:01 2004

Hi,

	I have an original Powerbook G3 (pre-Wall Street); the one that's the
old 3400 form factor. I have YDL 3.0 disks that I've used to install
YDL on newer Macs, but I can't figure out how to do this on this
computer. The problem seems to be that the hardware can't read the disk
- it will boot fine off of MacOS system disks when I hold down the 'C'
key, but not off the YDL disk. Also, when at the Mac OS 8 desktop, it
isn't able to read the YDL disk when I place it in the CD drive.

	How else can I get this trusty old machine to accept YDL?

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /
  ____/
  Ed Leafe

Linux Love:
unzip;strip;touch;finger;mount;fsck;more;yes;umount;sleep