YDL FAQ - Monthly notice

Longman, Bill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 2 11:56:01 2004

The YDL FAQ can be found at:

<http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/start>

Recent updates include:
CD Burning
Getting YDL
Yum
BootX, Yaboot and the OF
Error Messages
Stories
File sharing
Printing
Booting

-= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =-

Howdy, fellow Yellows,

This is the first of what I hope will be regular posts to send people to the
FAQ before posting on the lists. These folks have done a great job putting
together some great stuff, so I'd hate to see it sit there not being used!
There will still be those who need a burning question answered and will
subscribe to ask that question. Hopefully they'll hang around and answer
someone else's questions when they've gotten their question answered.

I'd like to let you know about some of the work that's been going on. I have
looked into making the URL for the FAQ a bit more user-friendly. Like taking
off the 8668 port, specifically. I can hide the FAQ behind my Apache server
but I need to do some modifications and add some proxy capabilities to my
server in order to do that. It's on a production system, so I have to do
this when I get a window of opportunity.

I have to thank our intrepid FAQers, mascarasnake, Norberto and Clint. They
have done an excellent job putting together the content, learning how to
write SnipSnap Wiki code, and greatly improving the skeletal layout they
were given.

If you want to commit your time and energy to improve the FAQ, please don't
hesitate to drop me a note. I'll be glad to set up an account for you.

Yours,

Bill