How to boot a New World without graphics card?

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jul 4 09:39:01 2004

Hi John,

On Sat Jul 3 11:50:01 2004, John Weir wrote:

> I set the run level to 3 and linux is set at the default to autoboot.
>
> but no luck.
>
> it turns out that yaboot's novideo attribute is just to turn off video
> acceleration.
>
> well, if anyone else has any ideas please post them.  and, i am going
> to continue to try to find the answer.  i really want this to work.

You probably need to specify "console=ttyS0" as one of the kernel boot
arguments (requires CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE=y in your kernel config).

Alternatively, if you had a graphics card but just no monitor, I believe
it may be possible to use a special video adapter to trick the computer
into believing a monitor was attached.

						-Bill