Lombard and Ethernet problem

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 7 10:04:01 2004

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4643B.B53484A4

I am trying to install YDL 3.0.1 on my lombard g3 laptop.  I have installed
twice now and the ethernet is not enabled.  I can see an activity light on
the router show up when the cable is plugged in.  I look in the ethernet
setup widget and can se that there is an eth0 entry and it is set to DHCP,
the ethernet module apparently is loaded as it shows up under hardware as
well.  But when I go to enable the DHCP interface for eth0 it gives me an
error .. I don't have it rightnow but I will get it tonight and paste it,
but the quick version is that it cant enable the module and goes back to an
inactive state.  I cant ping the network, it says network not available, I
look at ifconfig -a and it shows the eth0 interface there, I can get
ifconfig eth0 up and down and it responds without error.  What can I do to
make sure that the module is loaded at boot.

Eric

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4643B.B53484A4

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2654.19">
<TITLE>Lombard and Ethernet problem</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am trying to install YDL 3.0.1 on my =
lombard g3 laptop.&nbsp; I have installed twice now and the ethernet is not=
 =
enabled.&nbsp; I can see an activity light on the router show up when the =
cable is plugged in.&nbsp; I look in the ethernet setup widget and can se =
that there is an eth0 entry and it is set to DHCP, the ethernet module =
apparently is loaded as it shows up under hardware as well.&nbsp; But when =
I=
 go to enable the DHCP interface for eth0 it gives me an error .. I don't =
have it rightnow but I will get it tonight and paste it, but the quick =
version is that it cant enable the module and goes back to an inactive =
state.&nbsp; I cant ping the network, it says network not available, I look=
 =
at ifconfig -a and it shows the eth0 interface there, I can get ifconfig =
eth0 up and down and it responds without error.&nbsp; What can I do to make=
 =
sure that the module is loaded at boot.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Eric</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
<P>------------------------------------------------------------<br>
This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not =
waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying =
of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended =
recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please =
advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. <br>
Ce courrier =E9lectronique est confidentiel et prot=E9g=E9. L'exp=E9diteur =
ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute =
diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il =
contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) d=E9sign=E9(s)=
 =
est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier =E9lectronique par erreur, =
veuillez m'en aviser imm=E9diatement, par retour de courrier =E9lectronique=
 =
ou par un autre moyen.<br>
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
 </P>