12" G4/800 iBook video question

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 12 16:34:01 2004

--- Charles Pillsbury <> wrote:
> I'm used to randomly hunting down RPMs or compiling from source for
> this sort of thing... how does one do this in yum and YDL?  I'll
> admit
> I'm much more skiddish about trying things on this machine than I
> am
> doing them on my old x86 Linux boxes for some reason...
>
> CharlesP

Charles, I've heard rumors of people getting 3d acceleration w/ the
ATI 9200 under Linux with the 2.6.X  kernel and the latest and
greatest  X rpm.  But most of the people who have reported to this
list have not been able to get it running.  This usually initiates a
Gentoo or Debian is better  flame war, but YMMV.

Good luck in getting it to work.

Norberto

PS If you decide on YDL be prepared to reformat, repartition and
re-install a few times.