YDL 4.0

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 13 08:52:01 2004

C'mon Norberto, even Apple doesn't have perpetual hardware support
policies.  At least, I'm pretty sure it doesn't....

Anyway, Kai Staats, brings out the point in one of the articles in which
he is interviewed that there has to be a departure for there a be a
beginning.  This is not profound illumination -- it is solid engineering
and business common sense.  If someone is willing to spend their time
supporting what is the equivalent of a Model T, well that is what Linux
is for and we can contribute to that effort with our own time and
resources as we may.  But again, is it really something a thoughtful
person would do; that is, isn't it so that for ANY individual there is a
greater amounting loss of benefit to supporting a box with technology
already surpassed by an 800MHz ibook?