Debian 3.1 for PPC

David C. Hacker, DVM yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 13 19:38:00 2004

That is just a net install iso.  It downloads all of the rest on the
fly from the installer.  It works good if you have a solid connection.
I have used debian on 68k macs.  The CLI works good, but gnome was SOOO
slow.  I was using a Quadra 660AV.  It was 25/50 mhz and had 64 MBs of
ram.  Haven't fooled with it lately though.  For a CLI server I think
it would work great.  Or maybe using a lightweight windowmanager like
fluxbox or something.
David C. Hacker, DVM