OS X and Linux on x86

Ryan Nix yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 13 21:30:03 2004

On the contrary, J.T.  If you build it, and there is demand, which there
is, people will buy it.

Have you ever run Codeweavers or Transgaming X on Linux x86?  It's
awesome.  Both offerings have come a long way in 2 years.  Native
Windows applications from Office XP to Jedi Knight both run extremely
well even though they were written for Windows.  If Apple put some
resources behind Wine, they could have HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of  Windows
applications running on OS X right out of the box.

Secondly, why wouldn't Adobe recompile all their apps to x86 if there
was demand?  Wouldn't be any work at all, especially if you did direct
purchase/distribution over the web.