Yellowdog 3.0.1 PPC - no visible cursor

R. Hirschfeld yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 17 05:03:02 2004

Juergen,

> Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:00:11 +0200
> From: Juergen Selent <j.selent@elmeg.de>
>
> The problem is, that the cursor is not visible! It is an underline
> cursor, blinking black on a black background :-(

> Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:54:43 +0200
> From: Juergen Selent <j.selent@elmeg.de>
>
> Normally termcap/terminfo says, that the cursor blinks with the
> text-forground color, which indeed is white. But my cursor blinks black,
> so it is not visible. And I am not a "termcap" guru to fix the problem.

I'm confused about your problem.  If the cursor blinks from white to
black instead of from black to white it seems that it would still be
visible (just the other half of the time), so I assume that you mean
that it "blinks" from black to black.  But then how do you know that
it is blinking (or even there at all)?

Since others on the list seem to understand what you mean I guess I'm
just thick, but I'd welcome enlightenment.

Ray

P.S. Have you tried tset/reset?