Sound

sadfsdf yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 17 13:35:10 2004

--------------010108000505050805090307

LOL! sorry all, classic nub. question. I failed to turn the volume up.
But, now xmms is glitching in the audio. Any help there? (btw, this
might be helpfull its from dmesg "dmasound_pmac: Awacs/Screamer Codec
Mfct: 2 rev 2")

sadfsdf wrote:

> not yet, xmms gave me an error and I just assumed it was not working
> at all
>
> Richard.Gill@math.uu.nl wrote:
>
>>>I am intrested in getting the sound on my Performa 6400 working. Could
>>>somebody give my some information on this proceedure?
>>>

>>What exactly doesn't work, sadfsdf?
>>
>>I have a 6500. I guess it is quite similar.
>>>From time to time when I reboot, kudzu tells me at startup
>>that the sound card appears to have been removed.
>>I tell it to keep the configuration anyway. From time to time when I
>>start xmms I am told that the sound card needs to be configured
>>but I click away warning messages, and press the "play" button again, ...
>>and this works. Once or twice in the past I ran the "Soundcard Detection"
>>system settings program, or kudzu to see if it would redect the soundcard.
>>It all seems quite random, but anyway, I do have sound!
>>
>>This is a strange machine. It just spend a month appearing to be totally
>>dead, and after trying many things I was on the point of ordering a new
>>motherboard from Olde Mac Milt (I had already tried a new powersupply)
>>when I discovered that REMOVING the battery brought it back to life!
>>[there had been no previous signs that the battery was run down, till
>>one morning the whole thing just refused to start. No sign of life at all].
>>I am looking forward to seeing whether my (minor) sound problems will
>>have gone entirely, when my new battery arrives in a day or two.
>>
>>But in the meantime I have another suggestion: have you tried replacing
>>the battery?  ;-)
>>
>>Yours
>>Richard Gill
>>
>>http://www.math.uu.nl/people/gill
>>HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

--------------010108000505050805090307

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
LOL! sorry all, classic nub. question. I failed to turn the volume up.
But, now xmms is glitching in the audio. Any help there? (btw, this
might be helpfull its from dmesg "dmasound_pmac: Awacs/Screamer Codec
Mfct: 2 rev 2")<br>
sadfsdf wrote:<br>
  <title></title>
not yet, xmms gave me an error and I just assumed it was not working at
all<br>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:Richard.Gill@math.uu.nl">Richard.Gill@math.uu.nl</a>
wrote:<br>
 cite="mid10076.80.60.238.221.1090037759.squirrel@www.math.uu.nl"
 type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">I am intrested in getting the sound on my Performa 6400 working. Could
somebody give my some information on this proceedure?
    </pre>
    <pre wrap=""><!---->
What exactly doesn't work, sadfsdf?

I have a 6500. I guess it is quite similar.
&gt;From time to time when I reboot, kudzu tells me at startup
[...]

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.math.uu.nl/people/gill">http://www.math.uu.nl/people/gill</a>