useradd taking an incredible amount of time during an install

David L Kindred (Dave) yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 22 09:07:01 2004

Has anyone else seen useradd take in incredible amount of time during an
installation?  I'm putting 3.0.1 on a G4, and everything went smoothly
until this point.  It seems to be taking at least a half hour per user
(3 were defined) to do the useradds.  Looking at /mnt/sysimage/etc does
show the expected file updates taking place, but also shows the .lock
files hanging around a lot longer than expected.

Is this something I need to worry about, or should I just let it
continue?

BTW, although this is my first PPC/YDL install, I've done hundreds of
Wintel/RedHat/Fedora installs and have never seen an install go wrong at
this particular point.  Googling "yellowdog-general useradd" didn't seem
to bring up anything relevant either :(

--
David L. Kindred
Unix Systems & Network Administrator