some general questions

Christopher Brown yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 22 13:15:02 2004

1. Is there an audio recording and editing software for PPC Linux? Before
anyone points out the lame selection in the sound & video section of the
start menu, please don't. I need something a LOT more professional.

2. Deleting unwanted apps. Man there are a lot of crappy apps that I just
didn't know better not to install when I installed YDL for the first time.
'yum remove ***' doesn't seem to work for individual apps so how do I get
rid of some of those? Specifically those sound & video apps, the countless
text editors, and myriad of games that only server to point out that
drivers for my video card don't exist yet. (PowerBook 15" Aluminum)

3. Unlike 'upgrading' YDL 2 - 3, is YDL 4 capable of being upgraded from
YDL 3 - 4? If I'm just going to re-install the entire system question #2
isn't that important.

Christopher