problems with pbbuttonsd

R. Hirschfeld yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 23 17:10:02 2004

Clint,

> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:23:34 -0500
> From: Clinton MacDonald <clint.macdonald@sbcglobal.net>

> What happens if you type "/sbin/snooze" at a command prompt (you might
> have to be logged in as root)? You should go to sleep immediately.

That works fine if pmud is running (I think I mentioned that in my
original message).  I don't have to be root, and /sbin is in my path
because I frequently run stuff from there.  With the -f option it
might work without pmud (I haven't tried it--the man page recommends
against it).  Maybe I should just run pmud too if pbbuttonsd is
insufficiently soporific.

> I never tried using the power button to induce sleep, so I cannot
> address that. However, when things were peachy, I could put the
> Wallstreet to sleep by closing the lid.

I use my Wallstreet as a desktop replacement and keep the lid open to
spare the hinges (which tend to have problems on this model).  I tried
changing the sleep key in /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf (using a code gleaned
from showkey) and doing a "service pbbuttonsd restart" but that didn't
do the trick.

> I know that is not very satisfying, but I think the problem is not with
> you, but with the software.
>
> Good luck!

Thanks!
Ray