CLI for Noobies: FTP

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 26 07:54:01 2004

Friends:

Ah, for the good old days. Remember, back in the 1970s and 1980s, when
women were strong and children were above average? FTP was a
command-line thing -- none of those sissified "graphical user
interfaces," no sirree-bob!

This week, Joe Barr introduces FTP by command line in "CLI magic: file
transfer protocol":

<http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=04/07/25/2220220>

Best wishes,
Clint

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: