Apache on Yellow Dog Linux

cam yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
28 Jul 2004 00:50:04 -0600

Longman, Bill wrote

<SNIP>

On your YDL box, run "iptables --list" and let us know what you get. It
should be real short.

If it's not, then shut down iptables and try it again. In fact, just do
that
first and see what you get....

So I did do that and got the results below. How does one 'shutdown'
iptables?

in anycase I don't see anything 'untoward' about the results. :)

Still no joy on access to YDL Apache. :(

Cheers
Cam

> [root@localhost root]# iptables --list
> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
>
> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
>
> Chain RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT (1 references)
> ACCEPT     udp  --  kili.ab.tac.net      anywhere           udp
spt:domain dpts:1025:65535
> ACCEPT     udp  --  sodium.ab.tac.net    anywhere           udp
spt:domain dpts:1025:65535
> ACCEPT     udp  --  lithium.ab.tac.net   anywhere           udp
spt:domain dpts:1025:65535
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp
spts:bootps:bootpc dpts:bootps:bootpc
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp
spts:bootps:bootpc dpts:bootps:bootpc
> ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
> REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
dpts:0:1023 flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
> REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
dpt:nfs flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
> REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp
dpts:0:1023 reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
> REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp
dpt:nfs reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
> REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
dpts:x11:6009 flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
> REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
dpt:xfs flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN reject-with icmp-port-unreachable