Problem adding yum repositories & yum crashes

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
28 Jul 2004 05:23:57 -0400

I have the same problem Mr. Kabon reported however here is how my
yum.conf reads:

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=yellowdog-release
gpgcheck=1
tolerant=1
exactarch=1

#[base]
#name=Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 base
#baseurl=http://ftp.oregonstate.edu/pub/ydl/yum/3.0/RPMS.main/
#baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/3.0/ppc/freshrpms

[os]
name=Yellow DOg Linux $releasever - $basearch - os
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/$releasever/$basearch/os

[updates]
name=Yellow Dog Linux $releasever - $basearch - updates
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/$releasever/$basearch/updates

[freshrpms]
name=Yellow Dog Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms

#[ruffpack]
#name=Yellow Dog Linux $releasever - $basearch -ruffpack
#baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/$releasever/$basearch/ruffpack

[3.01 updates]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 3.01 updates
baseurl=http://ydl.osuosl.org/yum/3.0.1/update/
                                                                                Note that with the exception of commenting out the base package everything else is as Dr. Hacker, DVM recommends.  However note what happens:

[root@arakus aguila]# yum update yum
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.01 updates
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux $releasever - $basearch -
freshrpms
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 44, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "yummain.py", line 141, in main
  File "clientStuff.py", line 655, in get_package_info_from_servers
  File "clientStuff.py", line 104, in HeaderInfoNevralLoad
ValueError: unpack list of wrong size
[root@arakus aguila]# yum upgrade yum
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux 3.01 updates
Getting headers from: Yellow Dog Linux $releasever - $basearch -
freshrpms
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 44, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "yummain.py", line 141, in main
  File "clientStuff.py", line 655, in get_package_info_from_servers
  File "clientStuff.py", line 104, in HeaderInfoNevralLoad
ValueError: unpack list of wrong size
[root@arakus aguila]#

Assistance would be helpful on this...
Thanks...