Problem adding yum repositories & yum crashes

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
28 Jul 2004 07:28:31 -0400

Thanks Matthias for your suggestion I tried it and this is what happens:

[root@arakus aguila]# ls
_001.gif               chessinstructor.html  resumewriting.html
_002.gif               dhcp-router_files     teacher_files
_003.gif               dhcp-router.shtml     teacher.html
article.pl_files       evolution
yum-2.0.7-3.0.yd.fr.noarch.rpm
article.pl.html        New Res.pdf
chessinstructor_files  resumewriting_files
[root@arakus aguila]# rpm -Uvh yum*.rpm
warning: yum-2.0.7-3.0.yd.fr.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
e42d547b
error: Failed dependencies:
        rpm >= 4.1.1 is needed by yum-2.0.7-3.0.yd.fr
        libxml2-python is needed by yum-2.0.7-3.0.yd.fr
        gnupg is needed by yum-2.0.7-3.0.yd.fr
[root@arakus aguila]#

The problem with rpm's is that one never knows when these dependencies
will crop up.  Besides, what does that first line mean:
rpm >= ???

Thanks for the time and your thoughts....
Sincerely, Derick.