Problem adding yum repositories & yum crashes

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
28 Jul 2004 09:37:28 -0400

Sorry, Matthias you are wrong there, here's the proof:

[root@arakus aguila]# cat /etc/yellowdog-release
Yellow Dog Linux release 3.0 (Sirius)
[root@arakus aguila]#

It may help to know that I reinstalled YDL 3.0 anew from the CDs; this
is more a going back than a moving forward to what is current or what is
even 3.0.1

I do remember there being problems with yum under YDL Sirius until
someone perhaps David Hacker, DVM, suggested a change in yum.conf but I
thought I was using his most recent contribution which he posted to the
newbie list subject:
MOL and Kernel FAQ which discussed errors in mol kernel modules and
problems with upgrading to the new kernel 2.4.22-2g.

If I can recall or come up with what was the issue with yum.conf; I'll
happily post it.

Sincerely, Derick.