Problem adding yum repositories & yum crashes

R. Hirschfeld yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:06:05 +0200

> Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:01:33 -0400
> From: Rick Thomas <rbthomas55@pobox.com>
>
> It looks like Derick has the original YDL 3.0 installed, and has
> not gotten the 3.0.1 update, which fixed (among other things) a bug
> in yum/rpm.  If he updates to 3.0.1, all should be well for him.

Just updating 3.0 should suffice.  The newer rpm (4.1.1) is with the
3.0 updates rather than the 3.0.1 updates.

> It may be necessary for him to use apt-get to do the update,
> though, because the yum/rpm in 3.0 was/were broken!  Sigh!

I had no problem updating 3.0 with yum.  YMMV.

Ray