Problem adding yum repositories & yum crashes

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
29 Jul 2004 12:50:22 -0400

Thank you Brian for your suggestion, but I have it.  The rpm seems to
want the old version instead here is the run:

[root@arakus aguila]# rpm -Uvh libxml2-2*.rpm
warning: libxml2-2.5.4-3a.ppc.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
aeb6b9c4
error: Failed dependencies:
        libxml2 = 2.5.2 is needed by (installed) libxml2-devel-2.5.2-2

I thought you deserved to know.  I may have to resort to finding disk
images of YDL 3.0.1 to correct this.  I'm discovering that one
dependency is relying on others which are old, not new.  What occurred
above is a good example of what I'm finding elsewhere along the path of
trying to update yum via rpm within YDL 3.0; as others have reported in
this chain there were a lot of difficulties with YDL 3.0.

Again thanks to you and all others for your recommendations and
insights.
Sincerely, Derick.