Graphical Interface (X) Configuration

Ben Brodie yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 01:01:41 -0400

	I am running a 7600 with 4 megs of vram. I am using the built in video
on the motherboard. The graphical interface configuration in version
3.0.1 doesn't seem to have an option to choose for the motherboard
video driver. Do I need a separate video card in order to run Linux? I
sure hope I don't because I can't afford one and I doubt they are made
for such old machines anymore. Am I just missing something? Please
help. Last time I installed Linux, I checked the skip x configuration,
but when rebooting I couldn't get it to work on the monitor. Why is it
that the installer works just fine, but when it comes to actually
running Linux, it can't seem to recognize that I have the normal built
in motherboard video ram.