iBook x config

Charles Pillsbury yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 12:29:37 -0400

http://ppckernel.org/ has a couple custom ibook kernels that work to
some degree.  I have an 800mhz G4 ibook and with the default kernel I
had the same problems you've got, but I had sound, when I used the
custom kernel from there I got good video... but no sound... I know
there is supposedly a custom kernel floating around out there that has
everything working but I've not found it... so you may have to find
the right modules to use to get it all going.  With Fink working for
me I've almost given up on having Linux on my laptop, but if I get it
working I'll let you know.  I've got links to some of the info I found
on it at my site
http://charlespillsbury.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=677

Good luck.

CharlesP