G3/300 and US Robotics Serial modem...

nathan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 2 08:44:00 2004

  Hello all,

  I ventured back into the YDL 3.0.1 install on my G3/300 Gossamer (384mgs
ram, 2mgs VRAM). To try and get my external modem to work.. After giving up
about 3 months ago after who know's how many wasted hours of trying..

    Here's where things are now. When I try to Activate the device under the
Network Configuration Window, I get a popup:

--redhat - config - network-----
| failed to activate ppp0 with  |
| error 2.                                  |

But searching through the help files hasn't given me any indication at what
an error 2 is... Any ideas?

TIA,
-nathan