hello newbies question kopete and gaim

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 2 09:07:01 2004

> well i have try to update and upgrade gaim so it could  link with msn
> . because  right  now i only use aol messanger with gaim....

I answered this for someone else the other day:
<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2004-
May/013912.html>

> i have try to install kopete ,  in super user  with the command
> ./configure  +./make +./ make install
> but its dont seem to work .....

the commands for generally compiling a package are:
	./configure
	make (without the ./)
	make install (again, without the ./ - this is also the only step
needed to be performed as root)

> so how  do i install   package   like kopete
> and also  when i use yum  i get reset be peer ????  why  this is
> happenning all the time

the reset by peer  error means that the connection is timing out from
overload. YDL has a list of mirrors that you can use:
	<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/resources/ftp_mirrors.shtml#sites>
just point your /etc/yum.conf to the one of the mirrors close to you

g'luck

	It's what you make it man
	Takes time
	A little bit