G3/300 and US Robotics Serial modem...

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 2 11:59:01 2004

Mr. Giles:

Marcelo Giles wrote:
> Gossamer? Pismo? WallStreet? Lombard...?
> Where do you people get those code names from?? You seem
> to speak in some jargon I can't understand.

Sorry about the jargon! Apple's recent naming schemes have made it very
hard to distinguish the different models of Power Macs, PowerBooks,
iMacs, and so on (since, essentially, those are the only names they have
used for five or six years, covering many different models and
revisions). Here's a bit of an explanation:

<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-newbie/2003-November/005353.html>

Best wishes,
Clint