G3/300 and US Robotics Serial modem...

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 2 19:50:42 2004

Nathan:

start a minicom session.  Make sure that your selected /dev/Sttyx is
really the serial port you have your modem on.  Try a few AT commands,
dial your isp and see if you connect.  (You may have already done this
- I cannot tell from your posts).  If you can connect with a minicom
terminal (i.e usermane: and passwd)  Then try ./pppup to see if ppp
will talk to your isp.  Report back the results you get from minicom
and perhaps someone here can help.

Just some things to try,
Bruce