G3 iBook hardware problems

Dan Kahmann yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 3 16:00:02 2004

Sir -
If you are not comfortable with disassembling it, the take it to a shop.
Sounds like the cooling fan has quit working properly, or is well on the
way to it's de
mise. The best way to ruin a processor is to let it overheat - so don't run
it until you
get it checked or you may find you get to buy a new processor as well.
Also - overhating cpu's tend to cause alot of "strange" errors, be cautious.
The heat and whining noise may be the only indication you get before it
quits !

- Dan "K" man