partmap 15 limit

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 4 07:27:00 2004

mascarasnake:

Who(what)ever performed this partitioning decided to leave 512*512
sectors(quarter of a Megabyte) between partitions - is this a FWB or
Apple trick? This is curious because the next partition doesn't start
on a even hexadecimal boundary.  I think if you attack this disk with
pdisk you can specify that partitions are contiguous which would reduce
your partition count by 4.  However if the current partitions contain
existing data you are at risk of probably losing it all.  If this is a
virgin disk you can hack away with pdisk without fear.

If you lose your data I'll type it back in for you it's only 80G.

G'luck,
Bruce