A Mac User's Guide to Linux

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 4 09:49:01 2004

Mr. Pubols:

Mark Pubols wrote:
> I guess that I could qualify as a Mac user since I have been using one for
> the past decade or so.

I suppose a decade qualifies you as a Mac user. :-)

> I'm not really a geek, I'm more of a what you could
> call a "Cultural Broker" between geeks and "regular" people, although some
> people see me as a geek because I actually fix problems that they are having
> with their computers (Loose video cards, messed up modems etc etc.) I am
> pretty good at troubleshooting.
> [...]

A fine story. I will put it on the FAQ Web site (probably this weekend).

To keep this theme fresh, and to invite people who might not have read
my earlier post asking for stories, I will re-ask the question once a
week or so. Perhaps each week we could focus on a different aspect of
the Mac-to-Linux transition: software substitutions, interface
differences, mindset differences, how Linux beats the Mac, how the Mac
beats Linux, and so on. Let's keep those great stories coming, folks!

Best wishes,
Clint