partmap 15 limit

Geert Janssens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 5 13:59:01 2004

Intresting... there are a number of possible theories.

Could it be that the YDL installer himself is not capable of handling
more than 15 partitions, although it installs device files for more ?

Or are there only 15 device files in your installation per disk ?

Maybe it also depends on the kind of installation chosen. Mine was a
complete workstation. Perhaps a home/office installation allocates less
device files.

Anyway, as myths go, there seems to be a core of truth behind this one. :-)

Cheers,

Geert