Signal/Interrupt oddities

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 5 18:06:01 2004

I believe that SIGNALS are implemented as program controlled trap
instructions in the PPC Linux Kernel.  The trap causes an exception and
the exception handler decides who should get dispatched to handle this
exception before the return from interrupt is executed.  Hopefully the
SIGNAL handler has registered itself with the kernel (usually takes
place when the module is installed i.e. modProbe or insMod).  Can you
compile your ADA program with a -g option that builds gdb compatible
object.  (I know this is easy with gcc but I don't know ADA) If you
can, try running your program under the gdb debugger and see if some
other handler is getting control of your SIGNAL.

Just a suggestion,
Bruce