aMSN, tls, messenger

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 6 07:05:01 2004

Dag Geert
(that's Hi Geert in Dutch)

I seems I do have openssl and the headers (openssl-devel).

[root@kuon root]# rpm -qa | grep ssl
docbook-style-dsssl-1.76-6
openssl-0.9.7a-33.4a
openssl-devel-0.9.7a-33.4a
openssl096b-0.9.6b-16a

Here's what happens when I do ./configure in tls1.5

[root@kuon tls1.5]# ./configure
configure: error: bad ssl-dir: cannot find openssl/opensslv.h under
/usr/local/ssl/include

But as you can see, there does exist an opensslv.h in the good place:

[root@kuon tls1.5]# locate openssl.h
/usr/include/kde/kopenssl.h

[root@kuon tls1.5]# locate opensslv.h
/usr/include/openssl/opensslv.h
/usr/local/ssl/include/opensslv.h

Then I tried

[root@kuon tls1.5]# ./configure --with-ssl-dir=/usr/include/openssl
configure: error: bad ssl-dir: cannot find openssl/opensslv.h under
/usr/include/openssl/include

What next?
Richard

http://www.math.uu.nl/people/gill

BTW "kuon" is proto-Indo-European (PIE) for a (yellow)dog. Ancestor of
words such as canine from Latin, whatever it is in Sanskrit, and so on.
My iBook is similarly called "heblos", PIE for apple...