[OT] Editors & mac to Linux stories

Ted Goranson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 6 13:56:00 2004

Clinton MacDonald wrote on 6/6/04:
>  I was introduced to BBEdit in 1993 for a scientific project (this
>was in the early days of the genome project). At the time, BBEdit
>was the only tool available on the Mac to perform grep-style
>find-and-replaces

Someone should have introduced you to Nisuswriter.

Here's one to watch: Frontier is slated to go open source. There is
already talk of porting it to Linux. Frontier used to have a special
relationship with BBedit and it is possible that it could enjoy a
similar relationship with an existing Linux editor, say WebDevKit
(formerly Quanta) or jEdit or even Emacs so that Linux _could_ have
something stellar.

One can wish.

Best, Ted
--