Serial Modem...

nathan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 8 10:14:01 2004

 Update with my G3/300/YDL 3.0.1/USRotics 56k ext serial modem.

    When I try to connect with kppp I get the following in the log:

    This system lacks kernel support of ppp. This could be because the ppp
kernel module could not be located, or because ppp was not included in the
kernel configuration. If PPP was included as a module, try 'sbin/modprobe -
v ppp'. If that fails, check that ppp.v exists in
/lib/modules/'uname-r/'net. See README.linux file in the ppp distrobution
for more details.

Modprob is visible within a shell session, in light blue text however when I
try to execute it I get the following:
Bash: modprobe: command not found.

Pppoe-sniff -v:
Ppoe-sniff: Roaring Penguin PPPoE Version 3.4

LOGIN SCRIPT DEBUG WINDOW:

ATZ
OK  ATMOLO
OK
ATDT67100                           ( CORRECT NUMBER )
CONNECT 38666/ARQ/V90/LAPM/V42BIS

Starting pppd

Pppd being where I get the error 4...

I'm hoping that is a bit more detailed information. That someone might have
encountered before.. It's frustrating because I can hear the modem dial and
connect to my ISP, but then the error 4.

TIA,

nathan