Practice Network - Phase 1

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 8 17:12:02 2004

I saw the 0, but ignored it. However, while you're renumbering things,
usually 192.168.0.1 is an address reserved for the router or gateway to
other domains. I don't think it **has** to be, but it has been set to
that on every network I inherited and, undoubtedly for that reason, is
set on every network I've created since.

If you look at MOL, which fakes a subnet for the emulated Mac, so that
it can share the NIC with the Linux host, you'll see that the emulated
network has two machines, the Virtual Mac and the Virtual Linux Host,
which are in a different subnet from the Real network to which the NIC
card is connected.

Yeah, I know.  Advice given after the problem was solved.

Olaf