Sub Rosa Volume Works

Geoffrey S. Mendelson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 10 02:06:01 2004

Chairman Steven Didier wrote:

> BTW can anyone tell me why YDL doesn't install/create /usr/src/linux
> and where is the kernel? I am trying to enable mol and install a hcfusb
> driver and so far I just get a message that I need to install or enable
> the correct modules for both! Thanks in advance for the help.

The kernel source is about 40 megabytes. When it's uncompressed and
compiled, a kernel can be a lot more, possibly 150 meg or more.

If you don't need it, there is no reason to take up that much space.

Kernels are stored in /usr/src/linux-<version>. /usr/src/linux should be
a symbolic link to the current kernel source.

Geoff
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm@mendelson.com