Login Script question

nathan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 10 12:02:02 2004

Listers,

    Thank you for all your help so far with me issues regarding my US
Robotics external modem. So far I can get it to dial out and somewhat
connect to my ISP. But I get:

    Time out expired while waiting for the PPP interface to come up.

    Through the Kppp Handbook, I tried to modify the login script with both
send ppp and pause 2-10 then send ppp. To no avail. Is there a specific
script for this modem? And if so, where can I get a look at it?
    And one more question in regard to kppp. When I have it dial my ISP with
my user name and password already entered.. Are these set to the isp? Or do
I have to write a script for that as well? For example like remote access or
freePPP on OS 9.2.2?

TIA,
-nathan

G3/300 Gossamer Rev3. Rom2