Kernel question

Jason Warm yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 10 13:48:02 2004

David,
  Thank you again for the help, you've been great.  I was able to mount
the mac partition and copy the new kernel in.  I am now running on
2.4.22-2g.  Now if I could just get FreeSwan to compile I would be a
happy camper.
  Would you mind helping me out with the following questions regarding the
2.6.x kernel?

1.  If I pull the precompiled file from ppckernels.org (when I can get the
site up), is it simply a matter of dropping it in my boot directory on
both the Mac and YDL side of the drive and I am done?

2.  Does 2.6.x have PPTP VPN support built in?

3.  Do you know of any issues running 2.6.x on an Old World Mac?

Jason