Kernel question

Jason Warm yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jun 11 10:27:01 2004

David,
  Thanks for the help.  Am now running the 2.6.5 kernel.  Just a few more
questions though if you (or anyone else reading this thread) could help
me out with.

1.  While the kernel is up and running fine, when I downloaded it from the
ppckernels.org and extracted.  The modules directory appears to be empty.
It has a BUILD and a kernel directory, but both seem to be empty.  Is this
normal?

2.  Could you point me to a good FAQ that explains the major difference
between the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels.

3.  Could you point me to some good instructions on compiling the kernel
myself from source (this is something I really want to learn).

Again, thank you for all the help,
Jason